CLC calls for construction stimulus
The Construction Leadership Council (CLC) has written to the Government calling for a targeted set of six measures to further stimulate construction and boost economic recovery.
The six proposed measures include:
- Supporting a net zero carbon retrofit program for existing homes
- Ensuring vital building safety improvements are delivered
- Funding to enable local regeneration programmes
- Maintaining the UK as a global leader for digitalisation of the built environment
- Ensuring skills capacity to match needs from planned investment programmes
- Support for the housing sector in accordance with the ‘build back better and greener’ approach
CLC chair Andy Mitchell wrote in the letter: “We recognise that difficult decisions will have to be made, so have focussed on a small number of strategic interventions that we believe will drive growth while rebalancing opportunities and securing net zero carbon.
“Our recommendations form a package that will ensure employment for thousands of workers nationwide while building a better economy.”