CLC releases new site operating procedures
The Construction Leadership Council (CLC) ‘Site Operating Procedures’ have been updated once again, to incorporate various ‘technical changes’ following the recently published Government guidance on Working Safely during Coronavirus (COVID‐19) ‐ Construction & Other Outdoor Work.
Changes from Version 3 in the new Site Operating Procedures ‐ Version 4 include:
- Removal of the requirement for ‘face‐to‐face contact to be kept to 15 minutes or less’ (there is now no mention of ‘15 minutes’ anywhere).
- The section on PPE simply links to the latest Government guidance, regarding ‘face coverings’
- Additional references to ‘one‐way systems’ and the ‘reconfiguration of seating and tables’ and an update on portable toilets
- The requirement to share risk assessments with the workforce
- Clarification on when to travel to work, as set out in the Government’s COVID‐19 Recovery Strategy
- Updates regarding social distancing.
Publication of SOPv4 supersedes SOPv3, which ceases to be in effect.
The full set of BEIS ‘COVID-secure’ guidance includes ‘construction and other outdoor work’, ‘domestic’, ‘factory’, ‘office’ and ‘vehicle’ activity, and can be accessed via: www.gov.uk/guidance/working-safely-during-coronavirus-covid-19