Job Retention Scheme portal opens
ECA has issued a ‘Furlough Grant Claims Update’ which will be updated regularly during the early days of the CJRS. The first of these includes guidance on including overtime and incentive/bonus payments in a grant claim.
The CJRS claims process
Before accessing the government’s online portal to make a claim, employers should carefully read through both HMRC’s detailed guidance and the step-by-step guide. The main practical points include:
- The online portal can be accessed via www.gov.uk. Employers therefore need a Government Gateway ID and password and PAYE Online before they can make a claim.
- Employers should have all required information to hand before inputting their claim.
- Just one claim may be submitted during any (minimum three-week) claim period. All affected workers must be included. No changes may be made once the claim is submitted.
- The claim application needs to be all done in one session. There is currently no save-and-return option. Sessions will time out after 30 minutes of inactivity.
- Employers should receive a CJRS grant payment via BACs six working days after a claim.
Any business entity with a UK payroll can apply under the CJRS, providing the following information for each furloughed employee being claimed for: Name, National Insurance number, claim period and claim amount, PAYE/employee number (optional).
For more information and guidance, visit www.eca.co.uk/coronavirus.