ECA signs Building a Safer Future Charter
ECA is a signatory of the Building a Safer Future Charter, joining an active group of local authorities, contractors, housing associations and property developers, with the support of MHCLG.
The Charter consists of five commitments that demonstrate commitment to protecting life by putting safety first, ahead of all other building priorities:
- Collaborate to spearhead culture change and be the voice of building safety across our sector.
- Be transparent in the interests of safety, sharing key information with residents, clients, contractors and statutory bodies in a useful and accessible manner in the design, construction and occupation phases of the process.
- Make safety a key factor of choice in who we work with, ensuring that building safety is placed at the centre of selection decisions without compromising quality or value for money.
- Ensure that the voices and safety of residents, visitors and employees are central in our decision making process.
- Set out and communicate clear responsibilities within our organisation and with our partners, ensuring everyone with a stake in the building during design, construction and occupation understands their role and has the time and resources they need to achieve and maintain building safety.
It was developed by the Industry Early Adopters Group (referred to as Charter Founders) as a first step towards spearheading the cultural and behavioural changes required across the industry to achieve a safer building system.
To learn more, click here.