New engineering services alliance
ECA will soon be joining a major new alliance of eight engineering services bodies. The new alliance will launch on the morning of 10 February at 10 am, via a virtual industry event.
Further information on the new alliance, and the launch, will be sent to Members and industry stakeholders in the coming weeks, through press releases and email communications.
All members of the alliance will continue to retain their independent identity.
The eight organisations in the alliance will bring a broad range of technical, practical and commercial expertise to focus on four strategically important themes – skills, building safety, carbon reduction and commercial issues in 2021. The new alliance comprises:
- ECA – Excellence in Electrical and Engineering Services
- The Building Engineering and Services Association (BESA)
- The Building Services Research and Industry Association (BSRIA)
- The Chartered Institute of Building Services Engineers (CIBSE)
- The Federation of Environmental Trade Associations (FETA)
- The Lift and Escalator Industry Association (LEIA)
- Electrical contractors in Scotland (SELECT)
- The Scottish and NI Plumbing Employers’ Federation (SNIPEF)
If you would like to attend the virtual launch, you can register to attend here.
The UK engineering services sector comprises over 60,000 firms and over 350,000 skilled professionals, employees and contractors. It comprises some 40% of UK construction by value, with tens of billions of pounds of additional turnover annually, providing ongoing infrastructure and facilities services.
The new alliance will seek to further increase the representational impact of the sector and produce outputs that will support the delivery of a safe and more sustainable built environment.
The new name of the alliance, along with its website, email and social media details will be announced at the launch.