14 Jan: Managing sickness and absence within your workforce
This Thursday 14th January at 2:30pm, ECA’s Director of Employment and Skills Andrew Eldred and Alexandra Farmer, Head of Team & Solicitor at Ellis Whittam, will offer clarity and guidance around managing sickness and absence within your workforce during the COVID-19 pandemic.
With the risk of COVID-19 infection still very much present across the UK, and government restrictions being firmly enforced, we are likely to experience ongoing challenges around absenteeism for some time to come.
Together, the panellists will cover:
- COVID-19 and short-term absenteeism;
- The rules around self-isolation and sick pay;
- What absence procedures employers should be taking;
- Managing employees' return to work;
- Shielding employees;
- Disability discrimination and how to avoid it; and
- Medical capability and unfair dismissal.
The session will be followed a live audience Q&A.